probably you're right - I see "-n" key in ping's man,
but I don't see any names in ping output when I "ping a.b.c.d" and I don't see any
problem with ping by IP even when I break resolver configuration. [I speak about ping
from iputils-20020927-11]

Sorry for little OT,
Vitaly

Information contained in this email message is intended only for use of the individual
or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or
the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please
immediately notify the [EMAIL PROTECTED] and destroy the original message.