Hi all,

I am experiencing speed problems and I need a way to diagnose what is
causing it.

I find myself waiting often for one process to finish before I can start
another. I also have windows that freeze.

I tried tuning hdparm but it didn't effect system performance.

I am running the following that may effect things:

Zope server
Mysql server
pptp pppd etc. cable internet connection
apache-perl to run mysqladmin ( can probably drop this since zope has a
mysql managment interface)
amule
artsd
automount
getty (is this needed if not what app runs this process?)
samba
wu-ftpd (which I still can't figure out how to configure)

I have a dual processor pentium III 500mhz system with 128megs ram (I
had 256 but one chip died)

What can I do to improve my system performance?

Thanks
Aaron