On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 01:01:50AM +0200, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> >how about network?
> >was it out of the box? how much setup did you need?
>
> Network is seperated into 2 - you can use the TUN support (which
> frankly, I didn't yet manage to use it) or the SLiRP support (compile
> QEMU with --enable-slirp and user -user-net when you launch QEMU)
>
> With SLiRP, QEMU will have a tiny DHCP server to serve your
> windows/Linux guest OS which will be good enough for mail/irc/web, but
> not for ping
>
> In both ways, you'll need to do some iptables tricks to connect to your
> host OS..

Are you sure?

tun creates simply another network interface. So if you have some
control of the routing around that network you simply need to enable
ip forwarding and set the routing tables properly.

IIRC there should be a broadcast variant of the tun device (tap?). This
should theoretically allow you to configure the host system as an
ethernet bridge (that is: like a network switch). So any network config
of the host should be transparent.

--
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]       +---------------------------+