Shalom rav!

With shaking knees I announce hereby the new release of Culmus fonts. This is a
major release which contains two new typefaces, which will hopefully compensate
for the mess it is about to create. The first typeface is my edition of the
classic Miriam typeface, originally attributed to Raphael Frank. The second is a
drawing typeface inspired by David Siegel's Tekton. I named it 'Yehuda' in honor
of my friend Ilya, who once asked me for some nice comic font.

A propos de mess, as you might have expected, the default font sizes did change.
After long consideration I decided to reduce the serif fonts (David, Frank,
Drugulin) by ~16% and the grotesque fonts (Ellinia, Aharoni, Nachlieli) by ~8%.
This doesn't make these fonts fit perfectly their Windows/Mac counterparts, but
they are now quite close to each other. Default spacing between lines was
enlarged in most fonts (notably in David), to achieve better readability.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The fonts now carry new names, with a suffix "CLM". This has
been done partially in order to adhere to common conventions, and partially in
order to allow people to install the new fonts alongside the old ones and avoid
having their documents broken. Those who choose the last option should simply
install the new fonts manually from the tarball. For those who wish to upgrade,
there is a file culmus.conf installed by the RPM in /etc/fonts. This file
doesn't fix the size, but at least it allows fontconfig-enabled software to
substitute automatically new font names for the old ones.

Ktav Yad has been removed from the main package, because I never liked it. It is
available separately from the "Fancy fonts" section at the site.

The fonts can be downloaded from the site of the Culmus project:
http://culmus.sourceforge.net.

With best regards,
        Maxim.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Complete list of changes:
 1. Miriam - a new grotesque typeface in medium and bold variations.
 2. Yehuda - a new architect typeface in light and bold variations.
 3. Ktav Yad discontinued from the main package.
 4. Serif typefaces David, Drugulin and Frank Ruehl reduced by 17% to better
    match Windows/Mac counterparts.
 5. Sans-serif typefaces Aharoni, Ellinia and Nachlieli reduced by 8%.
 6. Space between lines enlarged in most typefaces to improve readability.
 7. All font names now end with "CLM", to avoid confusion with non-Culmus
    fonts.
 8. A new menorah symbol added to Caladings.