I am looking for a linux based address book that will support hebrew
(main requirement), and if it can integrate into mutt or emacs (I am
thinking of trying out gnus more extensively) it would also be nice.

I would rather avoid anything that requires gnome/kde libraries such as
using the whole evolution thingy.

I need mainly email support as a have a palm like thingy (helio)
although I don't believe it integrates with linux (Will be happy to
here otherwise, maybe wine ?).