Before this thread my research yielded that NDS' Videoguard technology (the one
YES is using) encodes the DVB packet,
rather than the DVB packet's content like a normal CI compatible encoding card
does.

I got no clue about HOT..
--
Regards,
  Noam L.

Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

Hold on. The DVB-C/S set-top box provided by the TV company isn't
customized for NDS, is it? Since it's a smart card with the encryption
logic on-board, I don't understand why you'd need a special adapter as
well. It's as-if a Creative sound card requires a "Creative PCI slot",
instead of just any "PCI slot".

Smart card is not enough, NDS also has some software driver. It is not so standartized. They have some API.