In Debian there's a another file which I can configure the priority of each repository in the sources.list. I can also hold packages from being upgraded. Or even setting the priority of a repository so hi that packages will be downgraded so its packages will be installed.

Maybe the same thing exists in apt-rpm.

David Harel wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know why when I do - apt-get update - on a RH 9 it installs back older packages which I manually updated?
I did it while hoping i would have KDE updated automatically (I had KDE 3.2.2 at the time). What it did is reverted me back to KDE 3.1

--

Regards,

Lior Kaplan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]