D e b i a n
:-)

Miki Lewinger wrote:

Hi. It seems I'm ready for the transition to another distro after a couple of years unable to upgrade any redhat installation beyond single cases of success. So I'm either for debian or mandrake, and as I understand it both have excellent capabilities for upgrading my base system - but what is your oppinion about non-base RPMS ? Is the distro ready for perfomming perl or php extensions installations or would it be better to use the own programming language repository mechanisms ? And last, who has a more secure patching policy/practice, Mandrake or Debian ?

Miki Lewinger
BGU

Gal Gur-Arie Alternative-Zine.com - Metal, Gothic & Alternative music e-magazine. http://www.alternative-zine.com