Hi All,

I'm trying to set up a machine with the following configuration:
/dev/md0 mounted as /boot
/dev/md1 mounted as /
and more /dev/md* as /usr, /var, etc. once the first two are set up
properly. Oh, and I'm using Woody 3.0r2

Most HOWTOs on the net specify that:

1. A floppy should be loaded early during installation (contains raid
kernel modules)
2. I should create /dev/md* before installation (using mkraid and having
one failed disk configured on purpose), mkfs it, and then install base
system on /dev/hd??.
3. After installation I should recompile kernel with RAID built in (not as
module).
4. Reboot, reconstruct array, edit lilo.conf with raid-extra-boot and
whatnot, run lilo, voila.

However, step 4 does not work for me. LILO either doesn't want to install,
claiming the /boot/boot.map is not on the boot raid partition, or it
installs (if I tweak some other parameters not according to the HOWTO),
but then LILO doesn't load ("01" lather rinse repeat on the screen).

I've also tried installing Woody normally, then build MD devices, cp -a
files over, edit fstab, lilo and reboot, but this way lilo claims that
this is not a RAID install, and simply refuses to cooperate.

I'd appreciate any help/pointers/references.

TIA,
Shachar