Vasiliev Michael wrote:

On Monday 09 August 2004 02:12, קליקסנטר wrote:
[a lot of bull skipped]
Clearly, our friend there subscribed to the list to spam. Since the mails from linux-il bypass the only activated (ATM) filter on my mail setup on purpose, it hits me right there :) Can the pest be removed preventively? Also: what's Internet Gold's real policy to spam?

The only way such things can be truly prevented is by saying that each new member must be moderated for X messages. I.e. - after subscribing, each message you send to the list must be approved until you have gained the community's trust (as embodied by the list administrator). Since this is a highly technical list, it is likely a high enough bar for most spammers to not be able to pass.

Another option is to have the returned message for list subscription be an EULA committing to no-slamming, and agreeing on a certain penalty, no damages proof required. This will make such actions as these actionable. Of course, this would require having Hamakor as the other party to the agreement, as we would need a formal body who can sue.

            Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting ltd.