Haggai Eran wrote:
On Monday 16 August 2004 02:13, ik wrote:

But it's not a bug... it's just keyboard reading... xuv gives you diffrent
values from CTRL+A vs CTRL+Shin and so is in ALT+A,ALT+Shin etc... it's
just telling program to ignore hebrew keyboard... But you will encounter
this problem on every program that does not deal with this situation. Thats
why the first tweak you can do is to control xmodmap...

It is definitely a bug. Perhaps it shouldn't be fixed in mozilla, but instead it maybe need to be fixed in X, or in the distribution, but you cannot expect every user to tweak there own xmodmap.

Well, I'm one of "those" who think that computer skills (like every type of work) should be learned and not be so automatics.... And the reason for this is simple, when you know what you are doing, you are making less errors... But when I see thous MS-Windows users of "hey I know how to work in computer don't you see my Excel graph" or "my son good with computers see how many games he have to prove it, and he always peek the fastes computer", and in the end I see the commercial for "if it's a microsoft mouse then it's cool" ... althou I would say more expensive then cool :)
I do excpect users to tweak thier working enviorment to make it work the best for them.. I do not except from the enviorment to be so fixaded like MS-Windows for example.

Now if you would look at the header of:
/usr/include/X11/keysym.h you can see that you can control the avialable langauges... :) at least before compiling new things....
But then again regular user will not touch it.
But please note that it's not a bug it's a feature :) and must not consider as a bug.

Ido
--
Change should be a friend. It should happen by plan, not by accident.
        Philip Crosby ,  Reflections on Quality