I found that SMC products are sold in Israel by Datetch. See:

http://www.datech.co.il/index.php?manufacturers_id=116

These cards appearently use the same chipset as the ORiNOCO and
are supposed to be compatible. See:

   http://prism54.org/supported_cards.php

I will order one of these cards in the next few days.

Regards,
Dov