On Friday 03 September 2004 17:11, Lior wrote:
> Quoting from one of his mails:
> > The toolchain is based on db2latex-xsl, so it involves DocBook/XML
> > (should have no problem with any language) and LaTeX (sometimes
> > difficult to set up, but known to work with RTL).  The file is:

I tried using DocBook/XML with Hebrew, and I couldn't find a way to create
explicit Hebrew HTML documents. (I only used xsltproc with HTML stylesheets,
I never tried latex)
Putting lang="he" attribute on the <book> tag (probably on the <article> tag
as well) will make all the output use Hebrew for the lists, the table of
contents, etc. (It works on my docbook-xsl package from debian sid).
However, the output html document isn't marked dir=rtl, so you have to add
that yourself or use a custom stylesheet. I googled to find if there's a
relevant DocBook tag, but I could only find ancient discussions about it.

I think making it work with latex will be even harder. You probably should try
making the intermediate latex files work, and then look in the stylesheets to
see if there's an easy way to incorporate those changes directly in the
DocBook file, so it can work on the maintainer's system.

> > http://cvs.debian.org/ddp/refcard/entries-en.dbk?rev=HEAD&cvsroot=debian-
> >doc

Can you send your translated file?

--