On Sun, Sep 19, 2004 at 08:50:59AM +0300, Ez-Aton wrote:

> ik wrote:
>
> >Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> >>It appears that lynx is not a prior art to this patent, do to claim 3:
> >>
> >>  3. The method of claim 2 wherein, the visual indication is a curved
> >>  focus shape.
> >>This patent is thus exteremly easy to bypass. Thus I suspect that this
> >>claim and claim 6(e) were added to bypass existing prior art.
> >>
> >I wonder, if someone made a work with TAB (or any other "patent")
> >before Microsoft was ever existed, does it imply to this work as well ?
> >

> >Ido
>
> Yes, unless he can prove it in the court of law.

IANAL but I believe in such a case then the patent is revoked anyway
since M$ won't be the ones entitled to request the patent (although
their wording does seem to be usually very carefully chosen as to catch
their implementation, and is probably more so that they can stop others
from making look-alike programs).

I know the

I ran some time ago into a group that actually works to throw down such
patents made on previous work belonging to someone else, don't remember
their name though.

Does anyone here know who they are?

I don't think its the open source risk management group, I think they
only supply very expensive legal aid and legal aid insurance (100000$ a
year for companies and 250$ a year for individual kernel developers)

BTW if you are into microsoft patents they also applied for a patent for
multiple desktops, button click timing
(http://www.macworld.com/news/2004/06/03/microsoft/?lsrc=mcrss-0604) ...