Amichai Rotman wrote:

Hi All,

I have a Canon LIDE 20 scanner. I am using Kooka to scan images and every 2-3 scans I get a vertical white stripe on the left side of the preview/image.

The scanner is brand new (less than a month old!) and I've already taken it to the lab...

They checked and said the scanner is perfectly alright and all they did was a calibration.

After I got it back I've used it twice and the problem re-appeared...

I can't find any way to calibrate it in Kooka nor in XSane.

I am afraid to tell them I am using Linux - then they will blame it on the OS and cancel the warenty.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

1. First obvious idea is to try the scanner with a Windows machine.

2. I don't believe they can cancel the warranty based on using Linux. Does

your warranty agreement specifies supported OS?

--Amos