I can't save and restore files with Hebrew text with kdeit. Note that
I am referring to the content of the file and not to the file name. More
specifically, I can write mixed English/Hebrew text with kedit. However
when I save the file, exit kedit and then open the file again, each
Hebrew letter is displayed as a questions mark.

  Any suggestions?

    $ locale
    LANG=POSIX
    LC_CTYPE="POSIX"
    LC_NUMERIC="POSIX"
    LC_TIME="POSIX"
    LC_COLLATE="POSIX"
    LC_MONETARY="POSIX"
    LC_MESSAGES="POSIX"
    LC_PAPER="POSIX"
    LC_NAME="POSIX"
    LC_ADDRESS="POSIX"
    LC_TELEPHONE="POSIX"
    LC_MEASUREMENT="POSIX"
    LC_IDENTIFICATION="POSIX"
    LC_ALL=

This locale doesn't disturb kword. Changing the fonts after opening
kedit doesn't make a difference.

  It is Debian's kedit 1.3 (kde 3.2.3).