-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Orna Agmon
Sent: Sunday, October 24, 2004 5:51 PM
To: Nadav Har'El
Subject: Re: Embedding a browser widget inside a Tk (or Tkinter)
application

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004, Nadav Har'El wrote:

> Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 12:55:20 +0200
> From: Nadav Har'El <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Omer Zak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Embedding a browser widget inside a Tk (or Tkinter)
>     application
>
> On Sun, Oct 24, 2004, Omer Zak wrote about "Embedding a browser widget
inside a Tk (or Tkinter) application":
> > In Tk or its extensions, is there any widget, which can act like a
> > top-level window for another application yet be child of a Frame
widget
> > in my own application?
>
> Yes, there is exactly what you want (if I understand you correctly).
> It's name is TkSteal, and I've used it successfully a number of times
> (e.g., at one time I used "gnuplot" as the graphing widget in a Tcl/Tk
> application - this allowed me to build a sophisticated graphing
application
> tailor-made for a specific application at work, in less than a day).
>
> I don't know about tksteal's maintenance. Try it and see if it works.
> I haven't used it in about 4 years, and a lot might have changed
since.

Tksteal does not work out of the box on Linux, on non-custom
installations.
When your good old application does work, it does not steal the gnuplot
graph as elegantly as you designed it, into the designated area,
but instead it opens an additional window, which looks pretty wierd,
while the original window remains with an empty middle.

Orna.
--
Orna Agmon http://vipe.stud.technion.ac.il/~ladypine/
ICQ: 348759096