Hello friends.

Today I have a question on proprietery software, namely Red Hat.

I'm in Turkey, installing an Oracle RAC cluster on two Red Hat machines.
the guy ordered RHEL 3 AS but until it arrives in the mail (Dell does
not support Emailing licence keys) I installed it on 3 ES because those
were the medias I could find, having no RHN password of my own.

now here is the question. is the AS kernel really better? the only hint
I could get as to what the differences were was not burried even at the
deepest marketing piles on the redhat.com site, but in an independant
guide about optimizing oracle. this paragraph talkes about RHAS 2.1
aactually, but is it true also for RHAS 3?

http://www.puschitz.com/TuningLinuxForOracle.shtml#WhyUsingRedHatAdvancedServer

any opinions and testaments are welcome. also advice about whether
Oracle enjoys or suffers from hyperthreading.

Thanks,
Ira.

--
Super fly