I am experiencing bad out-of-the-box experience with udev under Debian
Unstable (kernel 2.6.8).
Non-intuitive mount handling for flash memory devices, IrDA not properly
configured, need special tricks to access CD-ROM, etc.

All the above point at some configuration work, which I was supposed to
do after installing Debian Unstable, but I didn't do.

1. Where should I look for information?
2. Is there any Debian/2.6.8/udev guru living near Petah Tikva and
willing to come over and have a look at my configuration and point out
what is wrong/missing in it?
                                        Thanks,
                                             --- Omer

I may be affiliated in any way.