works fine for me with firefox 1.0 and those settings (from fstab):
/dev/hda9 on /mnt/large type vfat (rw,uid=1000,codepage=862,utf8)

works also on ext3

og1 wrote:
Hey,

I'm trying to achieve a small goal - having firefox display hebrew *filenames* using it's file://.
I've mounted a vfat partition, iocharset=cp1255/iso8859-8 & codepage=862/1255, in all these combinations I could see (reversed, but atleast something...) the hebrew filenames in xterm (when setting LC_ALL to "he_IL").
Yet, when using firefox to view the mounted fs with file://mnt/hdd, it shows question marks instead of the filenames, and I tried all different hebrew encodings in firefox too, but still nothing but question marked files.

A little background - Xorg, I can read/write hebrew, have hebrew fonts, so it's something specific to firefox I gather.

P.S.
- What's the difference between 862/1255 codepages, and which would be better to use for a regular vfat partition with hebrew filenames ?
- The above goal is all I need here, perhaps there's some utf8 workaround ? I tried mounting with utf8, still no go.

Thanks for your time,
   og1.

Regards,

Lior Kaplan