Shachar Shemesh wrote:

Next, I tried both lilo and grub:
Under lilo, I set "boot" to /dev/raid (didn't work with /dev/hda either), and root=/dev/raid1. It says I doesn't know how to handle device 0xfe01

Under grub, it says that /dev/raid doesn't have a BIOS type.

Is what I'm trying to do at all possible?

It doesn't sound plausible to me - by definition, a boot loader is supposed to be able to access the disk before the OS is up. This means the boot loader must have, at least partiaily, the software RAID functionality in order to do what you want.

I don't think neither grub or Lilo do, currently.

Gilad

--
Gilad Ben-Yossef <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Codefidence. A name you can trust(tm)