softkol <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>   I need a way to send  a file  using CUPS lpr to file rather to a
>   printer.

I am not sure I understand this. In my mind, "printing to a file" is
equivalent to converting the original file into PostScript. Is this
what you are trying to do? Why do you insist on CUPS/lpr?

What format is the original file in?

Look at the man pages for ImageMagick(1) and convert(1) (one of the
tools from ImageMagick). The former yields a rather long list of
formats it understands, and the latter can convert between any two
formats.

--
Oleg Goldshmidt | [EMAIL PROTECTED]