Well you've just created you're own FOSS project candidate... (after a
couple of more googling and searching in sourceforge and freshmeat...
to make sure it hasn't been written)
I think a program like this could be pretty cool and easily
technically feasible even without aptitiude although I'd check out
what's aptitutde written in and see if it has any shared libraries or
an API I cold use.
To take it a step further I would try to automatically figure out what
you're not using and _suggest_ the cleanup.
I know this sound windowish but it's not necessarily a bad thing.
To design awareness of what you use on the system you'd probebly have
to have a daemon montioring the proccess table and deriving the
proccess to their binaries to their packgaes.
Once you have the ability to derive dependencies you could probebly
solve it yourself (even in perl if you must :) ) and be able to avoid
the clause I remember someone using as a signature or as an example...
Probebly misremembered..
"When I wrote one day to Alan Cox and asked him why their was no
_MY_COOL_FEATURE_ in the _ULTRA_COOL_SOUND_CARD_ he replied...
because you didn't write it".

regards
Lior

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 13:22:34 +0200, Kfir Lavi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Peace Love and Penguins -
Lior Kesos