Next Monday (10/1/2005), 18:30, the Haifa Linux Club will once
again meet to hear Orna Agmon  talk  about:

                C Without a Spoon
        Programming in C in a free software environment

On this unit we will learn about the CPP - C Pre Processor, and
about gcc - the free C compiler, and about using its options cleverly.
If time permits, we will start talking about variables in C.

(Note that next week's lecture will be by Dorit Naishlos from IBM HRL,
about vectorization in gcc.)

This is the second of a series of lectures about good C programming in the
environment of free software, to people who have already programmed in some
language using procedural programming (In other words, we assume you know of
some form of the contruct if-then-else, you know what variables and
functions/subroutines are).

Slides and course material are available at:
http://haifux.org/~ladypine/115-sil/

We meet in the Technion, Taub 3. See http://www.haifux.org/where.html
for arrival details.

Attendance is free, and you are all invited!

We are always looking for interesting lecture ideas, and we have
already begun scheduling the 2005 season!

Future lectures include:

117     gcc and vectorization   Dorit Naishlos          17/1/2005

117-sil SIL     Dancing the SAMBA: An introduction to living with Windows
                                Alon Altman     24/01/2005

118     SNMP and OpenNMS        Zeev Halevi     31/01/2005

118-sil C without a spoon       Orna Agmon      07/02/2005

119     The VFS of the Linux-2.4 kernel - a play in 5 acts      Guy Keren
14/02/2005      Happy St. Valentine's Day!

120     Writing a STAM disk-based file-system for the Linux-2.4 kernel
Guy Keren       28/02/2005      Prior understanding required .

121 Intro to BSD: a look at other operating systems
                                Ido Barnea      14/03/2005

Have a subject
you want to talk about? Or a subject you'd like to hear someone else
talk about? email us.

Orna.
--
Orna Agmon http://haifux.org/~ladypine/