On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 07:32:52PM +0200, Eli Marmor wrote:
> Although I'm not a typographer, and the following fonts were designed
> even without a software (but by VIM), some of them may fit your needs:
>
>       http://elmar.co.il/wwh/wwh/xfiles/H.fonts/index.en.html
>

> The list of the fonts is available here:
>
>       http://elmar.co.il/doc/fonts.html
>

> To see a sample of a font, just click on its name.
>
> You may want to go directly to the sub-title "Big Fonts".
>
> As far as I know, my fonts are included as standard in some Linux
> distributions (such as Mandrake).
>
> Good luck,
> --
> Eli Marmor
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Netmask (El-Mar) Internet Technologies Ltd.

Hi Eli,
Thanks for the mail.
After looking at your fonts and reading the remarks, and some
RTFM-ing,I got to the following conclusions:
1-As long as I am using xterm, I am limited to the fixed font.
This answers, probably, the second question raised in my letter
and echoed by Didi. Question: what kind of terminal must one use
to get good rendering of the ttf fonts ?
2-After playing a lot with xfontsel, I found out that, above a
certain minimum size, clarity and distinguishability are my main
requirements. Beauty comes second. I chosed therefore
fn '-*-*-bold-r-*-*-25-*-*-*-m-*-iso8859-1' (A lucinda font in my
case) and the
-etl-fixed-medium-r-normal--24-240-72-72-c-120-iso8859-8
suggested by Didi for Hebrew.

I must therefore use two kinds of teminals, like I use two
different .vimrc's (one with linelength limitations for mail, and
one without, for scripts) and two .octaverc (one for current work
and one, when the graphs should be prepared for publication).
I guess that the use of unicode would allow me to use only one
type of terminal (I use mainly English and  Hebrew. Very rarely
German, French and my native Romanian. I forgot long ago the
little Russian that I've learned half a century ago).
This does not make a big difference, but I would appreciate some
pointer to RTFM.

Cheers, Avraham