I remember when Mark Gazit (who eventually became a VP at Netvision and later on Delta-3) installed Linux onto the computers we were working on back in 1993/4.
I forget which distro he used, but I still have my "Yggdrasil" Linux floppy and manual from 1994 (1.1 kernel) sitting in my drawer.

Stephen Leavitt
www.mainstream.co.il