On Sat, Apr 30, 2005 at 08:30:03PM +0200, Tzahi Fadida wrote:

> It also caches executable files which is what we use right?

Yes, as well as libraries and anything else you read off of the disk
(e.g. metadata).

> Question is, if it includes those executable files in the "cached" in
> top.

Check which file and field 'Cached' comes from in /proc, then check
the kernel you're running for how this field is calculated.

> Better that it not, since I don't need the code to keep reloading also.
> Not that it really matters since my code is not so long and it
> reasonably
> should't be dumped at all (I think).

Why do you care how much is cached, as long as your data isn't?

Cheers,
Muli
--
Muli Ben-Yehuda