shlomo Solomon wrote:

Hi,

This is probably trivial, but after GOOGLEing for half an hour, I've given up.

I wanted to show a friend (a Windows user) how easy using KDE is. Among other things, I wanted to show him **drag-and-drop** printing. But then I discovered that I don't have a printer icon on the desktop. I know it existed in previous versions of MDK, and I never noticed that the icon was missing from my MDK 10.1, since I've never had the need to use **drag-and-drop** printing.

How can I create the icon? I've tried everything I could think of.

BTW, in case it's not clear, all other methods of printing work fine (from application menues, from application toolbars, right clicking on files, opening the KDE print manager and dragging to it etc).

My system is MDK 10.1, KDE 3.2.3 and all updates.

TIA

try right clicking the desktop, configure desktop, behavior, the device icons tab, and see if it's there.
I don't have a printer directly attached but that's the logical place i would look for it...

good luck,
 Aviv