Michael Vasiliev wrote:

1) Majority of windows users are bereft of gorm. They don't have anything to protect them. They don't patch up vulnerabilities on regular basis. Thus,

Sorry for the noise, but curiousity overcame the fear of appearing stupid - what's "gorm"?

The mention of the word immediately shook the Kingdom of Gorm from Andre Norton's "Witchworld" series out of the depths of my memory (no idea why I remember these useless details for so many years). Maybe this was not another one of Norton's made-up words after all?

Unfortunately, only real words I could dig up from the net were: a southern-US word referring to some kind of grease, GNUStep's GUI designer, and a famous Viking king - none of which sound particularly useful for protecting Windows users from breakins (even when compared to the futile solutions some people have been trying ;-) ).
(p.s. the last one could in fact be related to Norton's choice of the name - so that search might have taught me something after all...)

Unless I'm missing something important, my next guess would be that this is either a typo or an abbreviation of some word. Maybe something related to "garment" or "armour"?