On Tue, 31 May 2005 07:06:51 +0300, Shachar Shemesh wrote:

> Actually, it's a good improvement suggestion you've got there. Why not
> publish the list's administrative contact somewhere? The obfuscation is
> because, as should be apparent from the content of the message, the
> email address again has a live person reading it.

It is good practice to use the "list-*" headers. The linux-il now uses
only the header "X-list: linux-il" which is NON standard (start with
`X-'), it should use the standard "List-ID" instead. Moreover, I think
it should use all of the "List-" headers defined in RFC 4021:
    2.1.31. Header Field: List-Archive
    2.1.32. Header Field: List-Help
    2.1.33. Header Field: List-ID
    2.1.34. Header Field: List-Owner
    2.1.35. Header Field: List-Post
    2.1.36. Header Field: List-Subscribe
    2.1.37. Header Field: List-Unsubscribe
See: http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc4021.html

BTW. hamakor mailing list ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) which is run by
     ezmlm, is using these headers.

Ehud.

--
 Ehud Karni           Tel: +972-3-7966-561  /"\
 Mivtach - Simon      Fax: +972-3-7966-667  \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign