On Sun, 2005-06-05 at 11:31 +0300, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have IBM-306 series with 6300esb Sata Raid. I'm tying to install
> RHEL-4. I enabled raid at bios and configure it using the Ibm-support cd.
> Bios seems to recognize the raid, but when I'm trying to install Linux, it
> doesn't recognize the raid ( I see 2 seperate disks).
> Doe's anyone know if there is a driver for RHEL-4 (2.6 kernel) ??

As per http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets/embedded/6300esb.htm , this
controller is an ICH, and as per
http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:Ia3sLT8WW1YJ:linux.yyz.us/sata/faq-sata-raid.html
 this is not a real Hardware RAID. Hence, even IF your linux will support it,
it's RAID implemented by the driver itself, using the CPU (as opposed to RAID
where your linux just reads and writes from the controller and the controller
doing the real "thing").

Therefore, even if you do get this to work, it won't be any better than
doing software-RAID using the native kernel feature, which is what you
should do in my opinion...

--
shimi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>