Quoting Guy Teverovsky, from the post of Wed, 15 Jun:
> Evolution uses Outlook Web Acceess (OWA) to gain access to the content
> stored on Exchange.  OWA is a web interface for the Exchange with the
> look&feel of Outlook.  Evolution does not use the native MAPI protocol
> (the IIS translates the the HTTP requests to native MAPI)

not exactly. the OWA component supports HTTP access via WAP, HTML or
WEBDAV. what most people mean when they say OWA is the nice HTML
front-end. AFAIR Evolution accesses webDAV directly, which make a lot
more sense than weeding out the messages out of the "look&feel" as you
call it.

so who said MS doesn't standardize some of their stuff :-)

Now that Daniel Robins (ex- Gentoo founding father and Ex- Israeli)
started working for MS on their FOSS initiatives (oh yes, they exist),
we might even see more of that going on.

Here's to open standards!

--
Center of the universe
Ira Abramov