Hello List!

1. I am managing a web site development project for OCMI Ltd, a management and investment company (not a hi-tech startup). The company is interested in outsourcing the bulk of the development work to persons or companies (contractors) with relevant experience and proof thereof.

2. The project includes inter alia,
2.1 A client browser front-end which will display the services for sale. The services in question are low value individually, and may be compared conceptually to low value temporary insurance, however this is NOT an insurance application. 2.2 Secure collection of orders and registration of minimal customer information (i.e. we will not maintain a credit card database).
2.3 Customer contact - Mostly email.
2.4 Accounting and banking - Also certain kinds of related investments management.
2.5 System backup, security and maintenance. procedures.
2.6 A small hardware element, details of which will be supplied subject to section 3.4 below.

3. Management
3.1 The project will be conducted entirely in English.The end product will need to have the necessary infrastructure for internationalization, although other languages will not included in the first release. 3.2 The project code and documentation (which will be done!) will be subject to ongoing audit by the Project Management Group (i.e. me and maybe one or two others with relevant expertise). What the Group does not understand gets re-done. What gets "broken" by me gets redone. 3.3 Development and testing will be carried out entirely in Israel using a locally hosted server for the purpose (if required). Implementation will be overseas, and as things stand, it will NOT be the responsibility of the contractor. 3.4 At this point I can't offer too much more detail, however the contractor(s) will be supplied with a functional design document (along with any other relevant information) after signing an NDA.

4. The Linux angle
4.1 We intend to use Linux systems (probably SuSE) for the server(s) and other such items such as databases that may need to be stored on physically separate systems. 4.2 As far as possible, we will use open tools e.g. Apache, PHP, mySQL (or postgreSQL - undecided) etc. along with other open packages even if they have to be licensed for commercial use. 4.3 As a matter of policy, we prefer to play "leggo" with existing technology rather than re-invent the wheel. Almost as a corollary we will require that as far as possible, all back end administration be browser based.

5. Timetable
This project is straight forward, requiring no new technology. It will take no longer than about two months elapsed time to produce a locally operational version from the date of agreement with the contractor.

Anyone interested should email/phone me directly.

Telephones (not Shabbat &c):
Office: (09) 8616204 Home: (09) 8320939  Fax: (09) 8621052
Mobile: (052) 3869986  (Please leave a message if no answer)

Regards,

Daniel