Well the cross compile went suprisely smooth.
I downloaded the uclibc cross compiler and had no problems whatsoever.
I then placed the noip binary on the /var (which is writable) and was
very proud to be able to runit off my router with the dilema if to
actually integrate it into the router's initscript a thing that may
break it if I make a mistake creating the rooydisk and so forth...

So after my first cross compile I felt very proud and had all of the
air beat out of my lungs when I ran noip with out any paramaters and
recieved this entry among others ...
 -F               force NAT off

hmm if there's a NAT off does that mean NAT is on by default?

Having not even tried it on my natted machine I fell in to another
classic case of overobfuscating a simple and trivial problem :) .
 noip also has the -S ip that farther displyas this point with the
next output...

#./noip2 -S -c noip.conf
noip2 process active.
Process 19345, started as /home/lior/devel/noip-2.1.1/noip2 -c noip.conf

Using configuration from noip.conf
Last IP Address set 85.64.20.237
Account [EMAIL PROTECTED]
configured for:
        host  liorsbox.no-ip.com
Updating every 30 minutes via /dev/eth0 with NAT enabled.

There goes another 2 wasted hours...

Lior

--
Peace Love and Penguins -