On Sat, Jul 09, 2005 at 01:57:52AM +0300, Micha Feigin wrote:
> I am using latex to write a document that is mostly in english, and has a
> title
> page in hebrew. I need to put a couple of english words in the title. For some
> reason using the \R and \L macros in the title doesn't work. What seems to
> works is using \begin{otherlanguage}{english}.

Which actually do more than \R and \L . So let's try identifying the
problem with \R and \L

> I ran into two problems. If I
> just close the \begin{otherlanguage}{english} with \end{otherlanguage} and
> then
> write some hebrew, it comes out backwards. If instead I enclose the hebrew
> with
> \begin{otherlanguage}{hebrew} and \end{otherlanguage} it comes out fine, but
> the order is mixed with of the words is mixed.
> To try and illustrate:
>
> hebrew1
> \begin{otherlanguage}{english} english1 \end{otherlanguage}
> \begin{otherlanguage}{hebrew}  hebrew2  \end{otherlanguage}

Why nest Hebrew inside Hebrew?

> \begin{otherlanguage}{english} english2 \end{otherlanguage}
>
> comes out as
>
> hebrew1 hebrew2 english1 english2

The "otherlanguage" environment is intended for complete paragraphs. It
seems to set the be

> instead of
>
> hebrew1 english1 hebrew2 english2
>
> If instead I use
>
> hebrew1
> \begin{otherlanguage}{english} english 1 \end{otherlanguage}
> hebrew2
> \begin{otherlanguage}{english} english 2 \end{otherlanguage}
>
> I get
>
> hebrew1 english2 2werbeh english1
>
> Any on how to solve this?

Use \R or \L if you just want context changes inside a paragraph?

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | VIM is
[EMAIL PROTECTED] |                           |  best