I found it necessary to use an animal called NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-7174-pkg1.run from the nVidia site (Google to find!) which is an executable script. It compiles & links some stuff creating a binary driver for to YOUR kernel version. There is a related readme. If you can't find it I can sent it by private email - it's a bit less than 1 Mb.

Regards,

Daniel

Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
Does it oops or anything? any output in dmesg?

I would suggest to ask in IRC in #nvidia channel (irc.kde.org)

Thanks,
Hetz