On Sunday 17 July 2005 13:27, Ez-Aton wrote:
> The problem was not with the distance, but with the frequencies. BT used
> frequencies previously used by IDF, so it was illegal (and distance).
> Now these freqs are open for BT devices, which, in turn, can reach 100M.
I don't want to start a war, but who's right, you or Geoffrey S. Mendelson who
wrote that it's illegal?

And if it is legal, I'm back to my original questions - mainly, can anyone
recommend a dongle that is known to work in Israel.

> Actually, the 10M reach up to 5-7M without disturbances, so I tend to
> believe the 100M gets to be shorter than that.
I don't really care about the distance since as I say, it would be used for
hotsyncing at home and 1 or 2 meters is good enough. As I already wrote, at a
very short range, I don't see a security problem because the potential hacker
would have to be in the room with me.

--
Shlomo Solomon
http://the-solomons.net