I'm not sure it's only PDF,
while in PDF and ps it's easy to see how it's a devertive work
I think html and the like might also be covered.
It would be more of linking like connection.
I looked around but I couldn't find a stright answer

I did find the discussion on /.
http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/04/17/2118203&from=rss
which is linking to the dicussion on the mailing list of scribus
a bit info but no real insight:)

Ely Levy
System group
Computer Science