On Sun, 7 Aug 2005, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:

> Eli (and others),

Ely

> I think it is slightly inappropriate to speak the way you speak about the
> "author of culmus". Maxim Iorsh is not some kind of an absentee who would
> never
> read this list and cannot be approached.

Why is it his problem?It's the problem of the font users he has the right
to chose whatever license he wants.

> If you have a problem with the license of his fonts, contact him directly and
> request him to add the fonts exception to the GPL. I hope he agrees, since the
> current license might be too restrictive.

I was talking about my problem with the license. And I was trying to clear
how the license affects me and other people using GPL fonts.
It is his right to chose whatever license he findes appropiate.

> Note that even Maxim agrees, it might not be easy at all - the Latin glyphs in
> Culmus are taken from the GPL-licensed URW fonts.

*shrug* again I was talking about the problem I have, I never asked anyone
to change any license, I also noted that others might have a serious
problem which they are not aware of.

> --
> Dan Kenigsberg        http://www.cs.technion.ac.il/~danken        ICQ
> 162180901

I'm working in universaty and I used to recommand people who write
articals on linux to use culmus fonts. Which is part of the reason
why I was so shocked to find out that those articals are now GPLed.
The problem is not the license itself but me us not being aware of
what it actualy means to use GPL fonts.

Ely