noam,

first, thanks for your reply.

i wrote the original mail after reading the howto.
i removed the tables, for debug simplicity.
i used ping, so there is no need for all the packages be sent to the same interface as
ping is connectionless

(anyway, linux cache the route and so will do send all packets from same source and dest via the same interface, but this does not matter for what i encountered with ping)

anyway, when i did 'ping' - no packet went out of my interface. so this is a more basic problem.

i saw that in the past (year 2002), linux would declare the first interface as dead. but this did not happen here. so it might be a variation on the od bug - does not say it is dead, but act as it is.

the original problem was solved by cahnging version of GCC when compiling
(i do not know if that refers to the kernel, or 'ip' command)

10x,
erez.