Some people here asked about an OOo viewer- so I thought that this thread snippet from one of the OOo mailing lists would be of interest...

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Alexandro Colorado" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 14:18:45 GMT+03:00 6 אוקטובר 2005
To: discuss@openoffice.org
Subject: Re: [discuss] openoffice available as an extension for firefox

On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 11:39:37 +0100, David Farning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Wed, 2005-10-05 at 10:52 -0400, Nagarjunam Kancharla wrote:
I was just thinking, wouldn't it be great if each tool of openoffice
(writer, impress, math, draw) are available individually as an extension
of firefox and available as one of the tabs.  Its like you open the
writer tab, impress tab, draw tab etc. When the user clicks on the tab,
all the toolbars change to match the tab selected.

I have just started an OpenDocument viewer extension for firefox. I have not seen any similar projects out yet. If anyone knows about a existing
project, drop me a line.

There is a pygtk viewer called Visiooo-Writer and also a Java one called oooview (very similar indeed) https://oooview.dev.java.net/

This effort is scratching a personal itch. I use oo.o exclusively and am
getting tired of sending documents to others and then having them
complain that the document is corrupt;)

With a firefox viewer available, I can just attach a link to the viewer
in my sig. <danger zealot mode>This will allow me to stave off the
whole, “No it is not the .odt that is corrupt. It is just that the
seller of your current office product is unwilling....” </danger zealot
mode>  Quite frankly, I'm much to lazy to make it as a zealot;)

The approach I am currently taking it to use a XSLT transformation to
convert the OpenDocument XML to HTML. Then the HTML can be displayed in
a XUL textarea.

Thank

-dtf