On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 05:52:45PM +0200, Oded Arbel wrote:
> This seems to be the only way to go - if you want Apple's OS, you're
> going to have to shell out for Apple's hardware, and with the current
> local Apple distributer (Yeda), this is going to be quite costly: Yeda
> collects a large premium on Apple's products - a quick back of the
> envelope doodle suggests something close to 100% - and their support is
> horrible. It appears almost like they are not interested in selling
> Apple merchandise. I wonder if someone pays them a premium for behaving
> that way...

Not any more. By my calculations (a few months old) the Mac Mini was about
$80 (@0%) above the U.S. price without VAT. While Yedaq has legendary
bad service, in the last few years it's gotten quite good.

Far better than the well rated local (Jerusalem) dealers.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel [EMAIL PROTECTED]  N3OWJ/4X1GM
IL Voice: (077)-424-1667  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838