ביום שני, 17 באוקטובר 2005, 21:33, כתבת:
> Hi all,
>
> This issue re-accrues over and over again, I fix it (and forget about
> it) and the next time I fiddle with Linux (install Gentoo for example),
> I break it again. So how do I make xterm, konsole, konqueror and many
> other tools to show file names and other kind of information in Hebrew?
Just a rank, but if you do not have luck with non
automated-do-it-yourself-distro why do you keep using them? get
Ubuntu/Mandriva/Suse/Fedora of whatever...

How about keeping /home/ on another partition?

Basicaly, what you need to setup is LC_* to be he_IL.
You also need to mount your fvat/ntfs partitions with something similar to
this:

/dev/hda3       /media/hda3     vfat
user,exec,rw,auto,codepage=862,iocharset=utf8,umask=0 0 0

Don't forget to install Culmus and a package which provides "freesans" font.