Ok some background.

I am running demudi which has custom lowlatency kernels. This is for
proaudio, which I sometimes play with..

But with the latest kernels from demudi the smp kernels won't boot on my
system.

> Why do you think your kernel won't boot? If it contains all the options then
> it
> would usually pick the right driver.

Youre right if I keep everything it should boot.

> > In fact is there link to some place that lists what extra uneeded stuff
> > is put in the vanilla kernel, which I can safely exclude?
>
> It depends mostly on your hardware but also on what you want to do with
> your system. Do homework.
I am not trying to get to involved just a multimedia smp kernel that
boots for me.

Aaron