On 10/31/05, Aaron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> -bash: ls:command not found
>
> was from ctrl alt F2
>
> but the same thing on term windows
>
> I us konsole if it matters
>
> It happens randomly and often after time when I open a new term.

1. what does "dmesg" show you right after this? Do you see any disk read
errors?
2. Take Neta's advise and backup your disk NOW.
3. Maybe I'm jumping into conclusion but try running some SMART disk tests
with smartctl(8) (see the section about the "-t" option). Apparently an offline
test on my Maxtor disk helped it heal its bad blocks (but I still switched
to a new disk, use the old disk as expandable don't-care-much-if-it-fails
area).

> Aaron

--Amos