Regarding the printing of open type fonts, this may be done
simplistically with my paps program, that I just updated. See:

    http://imagic.weizmann.ac.il/~dov/freesw/paps/

I have also worked on turning paps into a library which means
that soon any pango-based program (gtk in practice) can easily
add postscript output.

You may also use any type of font within inkscape, which since
version 0.42 works just fine with Hebrew (except nikkud). It
also supports printing, since it like paps turn all fonts
into postscript primitives.

Maxim, btw and totally unrelated, I'm curious... What is your
work flow when you design a font? Do you start with some
characteristic characters and then do copy, paste and modify
to create the rest? What if you are then not happy with some
global property like e.g. the ratio of the vertical to the
horizontal stem thickness, or the "spits" at the end of the
stems? Does it mean that you have to start from the beginning?
Perhaps you could add some design description to the culmus site. :-)

Regards,
Dov