I have just installed debian on an IBM X31
I installed from sarge netinstall
I changed the sources to unstable did
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade
apt-get install gnome

Then I tried to reboot the system, everything seemed to work Ok until I
tried to login with my user on gdm
I got an error: There was an error creating the child process for this
terminal

I tried changing to kde and still got the same error.

I tried loging in as root and it worked fine

I suspect this is something with premissions but I have no idea of what
file or directory

--
Ori Idan