Yair Friedman wrote:

>I am trying to build 32bit environment to run applications not supported
>yet in amd64 environment such as both environment are sarge-based.
>I follow the instructions in
>https://alioth.debian.org/docman/view.php/30192/21/debian-amd64-howto.html#id271998
>but when running apt-get install libx11-6 I get the following response:
> Err http://debootstrap.invalid sarge/main xfree86-common 4.3.0.dfsg.1-14
>  Could not resolve 'debootstrap.invalid'

When debootstrap sets up a directory, it leaves apt fairly unconfigured.
Edit "/etc/apt/sources.list" inside your 32bit env to point to something
sensible.

I use:
deb http://mirror.hamakor.org.il/pub/mirrors/debian sarge main
deb http://security.debian.org/ sarge/updates main

You may wish to add contrib and/or non-free, or use a different
distribution than sarge. After you are done, run "apt-get update"
(inside the chroot). You will then be able to install whatever you want
in the usual way.

          Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh