Erez D wrote:

gmail does not arrive at the list.

--------------- original message (sort of) ---------------------
hi

i'm looking for a dvb card for my linux box
anyone knows where i can get a GOOD linux compatible dvb card ? (or things i should be aware of when i buy one). can it work direcly with the dish's LNB or do i need somthing in-between.

I had a very positive experience with a Technisat SkyStar2 PCI DVB card. Open Source drivers exists and work great (note that this is was 2.4 days, have no idea on the status of the drivers with 2.4) and can be found on the linuxtv.org site.

I never tried to connect to a Yes supplied dish but assuming it is a run of the mill dish you just plug the coax to the card.

Cheers,
Gilad