On Friday 27 January 2006 00:35, Michael Vasiliev wrote:
> > On Thursday 26 January 2006 20:45, Shlomo Solomon wrote:
> > > When I print from OOo 2.0.1, in the page preview mode, everything looks
> > > good, but on paper some fonts get printed as "boxes" or not at all. I
> > > haven't checked all fonts, but, for example:
> > >
> > > Culmus fonts seem to all print properly - not surprising
> > > David (not the Culmus version) is OK too
> > > Times - nothing gets printed
> > > Arial - prints "boxes"
> > >
> > > Since the page preview looks good, I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
> > > What happenned to WYSIWYG?
>
> That's a classic. Printer Administration (oopadmin2) -> (Select your
> printer) Properties -> Font replacement -> Uncheck "Enable font
> replacement"

That didn't work. I tried running it as a regular user and also as root. In
fact, Arial and Times are in the list of replaced fonts, so your suggestion
certainly does make sense, but unfortunately . . . .

BTW - on my system (installed from the RPMs on the OOo site), the command
is:   /opt/openoffice.org2.0/program/spadmin

BTW (2) - in OOo 1.1.5 the same document prints properly with or without
unchecking "Enable font replacement" (in /usr/lib/openoffice/spadmin).

--
Shlomo Solomon
http://the-solomons.net